The 8th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia Illustrations
|Articles by alphabetic order|
Eight heruka sadhanas
|Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day|
Each of these sadhanas is connected with a particular root text and with various specific practices containing everything necessary for enlightenment. the were transmitted from Padmasambhava to eight of his disciples who were known as the Eight Great Acharyas.
The Eight Heruka Sadhanas are:
2) Hayagriva, the deity of speech (padma gsung);
3) Vishuddha, the deity of mind (yang dag thugs);
4) Vajramrita, the deity of enlightened qualities (bdud rtsi yon tan);
5) Vajra Kila, the deity of action (phur ba 'phrin las);
6) Matarah, the deity of calling and dispatching (ma mo rbod gtong);
7) the worldly deities of offering and praise ('jig rten mchod bstod); and
8) the worldly deities of wrathful mantras (mod pa drag sngags)
Manjushrimitra, Nagarjuna, Hungchenkara, Vimalamitra, Prabhahasti, Danasanskrit, Shintamgarbha and Guhyachandra.