The 8th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
will be held on 7-9 February, 2019 in Perth, Western Australia.
We would also appreciate your feedback on Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia. Please write feedback here
Here you can read media articles about the Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia which have been published all over the world.
Five Types Of Zen of Kuei-feng
From Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia
| Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day
- Five Types Of Zen of Kuei-feng
- 1. bonpu (practice without religious motivation)
- 2. gedo (religious practice outside of Buddhist teachings)
- 3. shojo (Hinayana zen directed towards one's own inner peace)
- 4. daijo (Mahayana zen; actualization of the 'great way' of Buddhism)
- 5. saijojo (shikantaza; realization of the buddha-nature of all beings)