| Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day
འབྲས་བུ། (Wyl. 'bras bu) Pron.: drebu
- effect, one of the three kinds of authentic evidence
- Fruition (Tib. drebu; Wyl. 'bras bu) — the result of practising the Buddhist path: the nirvana of an arhat in the case of shravakas and pratyekabuddhas, or the complete enlightenment of a buddha in the case of bodhisattvas.
- Skt. तण्डुलः, taṇḍula, Pron.: tandula. From Sanskrit: grain (after threshing and winnowing), •esp. rice | rice used as a weight
- Skt. कार्यम्, kārya, Pron.: karya. From Sanskrit: to be made or done or practised or performed, practicable feasible | to be imposed (as a punishment) | to be offered (as a libation) | proper to be done, fit, right | work or business to be done, duty, affair | a religious action or performance | occupation, matter, thing, enterprise, emergency, occurrence, crisis | conduct, deportment | occasion, need (with inst. | there is need of a straw | we have no business with the earth | lawsuit, dispute | an operation in grammar | an operation resting on the primitive form as opposed to the | or substitute | on | an effect, result | motive, object, aim, purpose | for what purpose? wherefore? | cause, origin | the denouement of a drama
- Skt. मण्डः, maṇḍa, Pron.: manda. From Sanskrit: the scum of boiled rice (or any grain) | the thick part of milk, cream, ŚvetUp. | the spirituous part of wine | also | foam or froth | pith, essence | the head | only | Ricinus Communis | a species of potherb | a frog | ornament, decoration | a measure of weight (= 5 Māshas)
- Skt. आचामः, ācāma, Pron.: achama. From Sanskrit: the water in which rice has been boiled | mentioned as drunk by Jain ascetics: AyAma