A Ritual of Fire Sacrifice to Kurukula
2. Develop the Bodhicitta
- I and Buddha and sentient beings, all do have the same Dharmakaya.
- When kept apart from the true face by ego, we lose the Samaya.
- For the sake of Harmonization as shadow follows our body,
- the Vajra and the Lotus both have great pleasure of Bodhi.
3. Develop the Four Unlimited Bodhicitta
- May the one whom I'm going to induce leave pain and get pleasure!
- May the one who has the pleasure have too the source of pleasure!
- May the one who gains pleasure keep it permanently and without pain.
- May the one who unites with me get pleasure in the renunciation.
4. Bless the Surrounding
- Six elements of Truth are the eternal Siddhi.
- E- and VAM of non-dualism have sufficient Bodhi.
- Four voidness and four bliss are in the deep Samadhi.
- All the directions and three periods are purity.
- The bell is like lovely word, makes the Audience cheer.
- The hook of Vajra light makes the Love much more dear!
- The Drum with nice Voice induces the best one to come,
- Without doubt or envy and close to me so near!
Two kinds of food are offered in triangular formone is white for vegetarian Gods and the other is red for carnivorous Gods. These are prepared before the Homa is held. Now the Karmic Vajra (attendant) should throw them in separate directions when he hears the Master's incantation as follows:
- a) Incantation: OM KA KA KA HSI KA HSI
All the eight departments of protectors,
And all the Yaksas and your family,
Please take all this blessed and delicious food.
Let all of them be free and have long life!
Gather all merits and sow all best seeds!
And may they deserve all special enjoyment!
Especially help this fire sacrifice,
And let me get all the accomplishments!
Please remember all your excellent vows,
Help me to gain all the attainments.
Get rid of all bad conditions and death,
Destroy all my obstacles and demons.
Purify all terrible dreams and bad omens.
Protect us from all dangerous risks.
Help to make peace and rich harvests for all,
Plenty of all kinds of corn and Dharmas.
And may all good pleasures be helped by you.
Do help me to fulfill all my best wishes.
Those who have been divined to darkness
And cannot understand all the Tantras,
Not able to hear and see this secrecy,
Please leave here and go to the place where you belong.
If you don't take my advice right now,
I shall use the powerful and fiery Vajra
To destroy your head into may pieces!!
- During the repetition, the Master should throw some mustard seeds and think that all the black deities have returned to where they belong. Then the Master should visualize the Vajra Net which covers all six directions, i.e., Zenith, Nadir and the four directions, and is constructed by using the Vajra Net Mudra. Thus from the beginning of the Homa performance until its end, the altar and the Master and his family and followers are protected.
7. Bless the Offerings.
The Master should hold the sacred and secret Vajra instruments together in the double position of Heruka and visualize much nectar falling down upon all the offerings. It flows from the parts of connection between their reproductive organs. Thus all worldly offerings become Vajra Nectar.
- Repeat the following mantra:
- OM TZAR TZAR TZAR TZAR TZAR!
a) Praise the God of Fire with the following stanza:
Shine upon the dark becoming the bright.
Drive away the demons with big fire!
Your kind smile sends away the sorrows.
Please sit on this good seat and admire!
b) Visualize the Red Fire God
On the lotus seat there is the word LUNG;
It becomes the Red Fire God!
One face, two arms holding brazier profound
And holds a fairy bottle the world never had.
His lovely hairs are numberless and long.
His great belly is round with red thread!
- The Master should raise a bunch of auspicious grass up to the sky with his thumb touching the end of the index finger. He does this three times as a welcoming gesture, and repeats the following incantation:
9. Repeat the Praising Stanza:
- Repeat the following stanza:
Four attractions with the eight petals form the seat outwardly.
Smiling face with auspicious light is the seat inwardly.
The Void-Pleasure with happiness is the seat secretly.
In the Rainbow Light circle kindly sit on the most secret seat.
The special one-taste of happiness is your countenance.
You hold the floral bow and arrow with indicative sense.
The hook gathers all bliss of Buddhas and Dakinis.
The long rope is able to give the wisdom to all Audience.
You have beautiful floral garland and kind family.
Those who see you or repeat your Mantra have your influence!
Our patriarch was inspired to be the national Guru.
Such a holy Karma, bless me with your continuance.
Your straight arrow enables us to pass all the Bodhi path.
Your crooked bow enables us to induce all beings in great mass.
The straight one crosses the crooked one, may get powerful force.
All sentient beings may be attracted by you without loss.
Arrow symbolizes the straight mind.
Bow shows mercy and the kind.
None is without Buddha nature.
Even in the small, one may find!
All the good wishes of Bodhisattva
From first stage to the Tathagata.
All the values of Nirvana,
May you help us to pass all yana!
Outwardly all the worldly Siddhi,
Inwardly thirty-seven Bodhi,
Secretly the best Kundacitta.
Help me to achieve Samadhi.
The Yoginis with wisdom and beauty,
Who cannot be induced by worldly things,
Can be attracted by your hook mighty.
Help us in the Third Initiation.
The King of nation and of Dharma,
Is higher than all Kings of Karma.
Who gathers many kinds of power,
Overwhelms all demons and Yama!
Every sentient being has Buddha nature.
Many folds of masters and retinues united as God Net,
May overthrow their ignorance and their obstacles.
Your Holy Hook wins again as old Sages got.
To save others oneself should not always hide!
In the secret altar few are living inside!
To subdue outsiders, help of Dakini do need.
May you bless me to meet Dakini under your guide.
14. Bless the Wood
15. Bless the Oil (For inducing, one should use peanut oil.)
16. Start the Fire
Before starting the fire, a lamp should be arranged on the South-East corner of the fire altar, which the Master should now put into the fire. Retinues should help the Master to start the fire inside and around the altar with clean papers.
17. Bless the Fire
With the fire mudra which is extending the three fingers of the middle part of the right palm and letting the thumb and small fingers bend under the palm, turn around on the top of the fire altar. At the same time, the Master should repeat the following stanza:
YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG
PARA PARA MAHA PARA
PARA PARA BEAUTY-PARA
PARA PARA GREAT WARM PARA
PARA PARA BURNT-LOVING PARA
Then with the right Dharma instrument which is in the form of a skull, take some peanut oil and put it into the left Dharma instrument which has four strata. For this inducing Homa the peanut oil should fill the crescent stratum.
OM AHRAYA SABARIVARA KA KA KAHSI KAHSI
You are the Sovereign Prince of Dharma.
You have been blessed as the King of Karma.
With the deep wisdom burn up the sorrow.
Help us in Vajra Love through this Homa!
Pray to the God of Fire:
I, the Acarya, and all my followers,
Do have learned Dharma and do the Karma;
Any kind of obstacles during the Homa is done
Please send them away from this Mandala.
19. Offer to Kurukula
Offer the Bodhi-Branches
1. Repeat this half-stanza:
- Offer the branches of the Magic Tree which you possess,
- May I induce power and love and have this success.
2. Repeat this Incantation:
Offer the Red Sandalwood. If no large pieces are available, some of its powder will do. But do not use the white one.
- Such lovely-colored wood is here,
- Has sweet smell as musk of deer!
- This gem-like tripod contains spring,
- Which produces pleasure so dear!
Offer dry shrimp with their shells removed, about one inch long and bent as a hook.
- One thing comprises three oral instructions.
- Red, Hook, Fish, all are attractive offerings.
- May I quickly meet the Reddish Dakini.
- Drink her reddish Bodhi and save sentient beings.
Offer the Ho-Hwan-Pe
- The haveness and the voidness,
- Both are in true Harmony.
- The egoism makes them apart,
- Offer this, they may unite!
Offer five dry tripongs (Chinese sea food shaped like male Vajra) and five dry abalone with shell removed. Tripong should be five inches long and abalone two inches wide. They should be offered couple by couple for five times.
- Six elements always harmonized,
- Four Holy Karmas may be utilized.
- Like Vajra and Lotus in form and size,
- May we their secret functions surely realize.
- Like the Center of Virgin's Lotus, it's right.
- Has functions to cool the red and unite the white.
- May all the obstacles of Vajra love
- Be destroyed by your Holy Might.
Offer the reddish salt. If no reddish salt available, put vermillion or yellow lead Powder on the white salt.
- Of all tastes salt is the mother.
- All dishes do mix salt together.
- May we all be embraced by you.
- You are my Guru and my Master.
Offer the hooks of ourouparia Rhynchayshylla.
- Like double Hook to hold,
- Like rattan to tangle.
- May I be with you,
- And loved by best girls!
Offer the floral arrow and bow
- Your Holy and nice body consists of attraction,
- Your beautiful and meek manner with lovely color,
- Your floral arrow reaches every direction,
- Those loves like the iron to magnet must follow.
- Many like Ants only rancidity crave,
- None respect the poor hermit and go to the cave.
- Many are so nice but fall into evil state,
- None does regard the poor yogi so worthy to mate!
- Powerful positions have been occupied.
- None protects the great Yogi so glorified!
- You the Holy Mother full of compassion,
- None would avoid your charmful passion!
- When anyone has been induced by your kindness,
- She might be helpful to our propagation!
Offer the Mahasukha
- Like blazing fire is the Vajrapani Bodhi,
- Like strong liquor is the great Sambara Siddhi.
- The best bliss pervades all the Dharmadhatu.
- May we achieve the non-death Samadhi!
- When we offer the Mahasukha
- Our Goddess gets more Ananda.
- Twenty-four Altars and three places,
- Each couple has special Asuma.
- The sentient and the non-sentient,
- Nowhere is there without Dharma.
- See Heaven and Earth, Sun and Moon,
- See Yin and Yang, Pestle and Mortar,
- Convex, Concave, peak and hollow,
- All handles and sockets, key and lock.
- Surely there is no one, no where
- Without the great pleasure Karma.
- Voidness, haveness, help each other,
- All in a union of Dharma.
- She who possesses all the virtues,
- Should come here and serve the Altar!
- All outward every Dharma,
- Inward the Bliss and Voidness,
- Secret, the E-VAM, AH, HA, HA.
- United in the bliss of the Tathata.
- The Dharmadhatus are in one couple.
- Spring songs make one a great Ananda,
- As six kinds earthquake influence,
- Which shakes the globe, kills the Mara.
- Enlightenment pervades all places,
- All sentient beings become Buddha.
- Offer you in charmful color, the attractive silk.
- You might like to follow me as for you I did seek.
Offer Needles and Threads.
- The needles are like nerves full of vitality.
- The threads are like energy of longevity.
- May I induce the essential long-life strength,
- None be left from our Buddhathe Almighty.
Offer the Walnuts.
- Who has got the Ch'an marrow
- Who has reached the twelfth stage.
- The Walnut form is like the marrow,
- May I get the realization of sage.
- The pith of the fifth Bodhicitta,
- Which is the deep one named Kunda.
- It enables me to meet Dakini,
- Through her I may become Buddha!
- The Ch'an and Tantra are the pits of doctrine.
- The mother of truth from which get five wisdom.
- All the Kayas of the Buddhahood,
- May I obtain and possess the Kingdom!
- When offering water may wealth come soon.
- When offering flowers may all Dakinis come soon.
- When offering incense may those who have musk smell come.
- When offering light may Dharmakaya light be found.
- When offering Arghya may Silas be kept long.
- When offering foods may holy Samadhi last long.
- When offering music may lecture be in sweet sound.
- OM KURUKULA YEH SOHA, AH-GON BADON BUBA DOBA ALGA GANDRE RWIDA SHADA DRADHITZAYA SOHO.
A small portion of each offering as performed in the above program should be kept for the God of Fire. Now the Master should put this remainder into the fire and visualize the God of Fire appearing from the fire in his original personality and accepting the offerings with a smile.
Turn the Merit.
- If I and my followers and my sponsors have done anything which may make the God or Goddesses, Buddhas, or Herukas unhappy, may this Homa performance be a confession. If my followers and sponsors have broken some silas or vinaya, have been disturbed by false views or have been left by the protectors, may this Homa be redemption and get permission to be forgiven. May the merit of Homa he successful in the attainment of Buddhahood.
2. Special Prayer:
- May the power of your great will and Holy Karma
- And the power of the True Dharma Nature
- And the power of the Master's Bodhicitta
- Deserve your helpfulness and your pleasure!