Jump to navigation Jump to search
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Mind"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 299 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- A Buddhist Approach to Mental Illness
- A Glimpse of Buddhist Psychology
- A Mind Gone Great
- A Mind in Aversion
- A Mind in Ignorance
- A Mind in Samadhi
- A Mind Released
- A Mind With a State Superior To It
- A Mind with Desire (raga)
- ABANDONING AND NOT ABANDONING THOUGHTS
- Abiding in the Boundless Mind
- Absorbing the Mind in Positive States
- Activism and Mind Training
- And everybody's mind has the same nature?
- And we can experience that in this life, permanent enlightenment, while we're still alive, before we die?
- Arousing the Mind of Awakening
- As far as you know, what is life like for people in Tibet these days? Are they free to pursue their Buddhist religion as before?
- ASSESSING HOW WELL YOUR PRACTICE IS PROGRESSING
- Can you reach as deep a state of meditation through walking as you can through sitting?
- Causal Samadhi
- Celestial palace
- Clear-Light Mind
- Conceptual mind
- CONCEPTUAL mind
- Conceptual Thinking
- CONCLUDING VERSES
- Conscious mind
- Contemplation of the mind (chittanupassana)
- Could you please explain the relationship between meditation, enlightenment and supernormal mental powers, such as seeing the future, reading other people's minds and seeing what's happening in a place that's far away?
- CUTTING THROUGH THE MIND: OPENING THE GATE OF SPACE AND THE DUD
- Daily Lojong Practice
- DEFINITION OF NONDUAL APPEARANCES
- Deluded doubt
- Deluded mind
- DEVELOPING PATIENCE
- Diffused Mind
- Directly Experience the Nature of Mind
- DISCIPLINES OF MIND TRAINING
- Distinguishing subtle and very subtle consciousness
- Do you yourself have the power to separate your mind from your body and astral travel or do other things?
- Does generating universal love bring you to enlightenment or do you first have to reach enlightenment and then generate universal love?
- Does humility always accompany wisdom?
- Each person has the same basic problem?
- East of the Sun and West of the Moon
- Eight analogies of illusion
- Emptiness of beginning and ending
- Emptiness of entities and nonentities
- Emptiness of essence
- Emptiness of individual characteristics
- Emptiness of nonabandonment
- Emptiness of nonentities
- Emptiness of the unobserved
- Emptiness of what is beyond limits
- Essence of Mind
- Essence of mind
- Every religion says that it is the one way to enlightenment. Does Buddhism recognize all religions as coming from the same source?
- Everything Comes From the Mind
- How can we recognize the right teacher?
- How do you check up on your own mind? How do you do it?
- How does Buddhism explain the population explosion? If you believe in reincarnation, how is it that the population is expanding all the time?
- How does meditation help you make decisions?
- How does meditation remove emotional blockages?
- How important is the body in human happiness?
- How old were you when you entered the monastery?
- I've heard many times that many Westerners can grasp the philosophy of Tibetan Buddhism intellectually but have difficulty in putting it into practice. It makes sense to them but they can't integrate it with their lives. What do you think the block is?
- If a person, out of ignorance perhaps, believes he has achieved enlightenment, what is his purpose in continuing to live?
- If everything is karmically determined, how do we know if our motivation is correct, or is there the possibility of unconditioned choice?
- If you are meditating, working towards enlightenment, do these powers come with control or just all of a sudden, with no control at all?
- If you understand yourself better in this life, do you improve in the next?
- Illusory Nature
- Imag(in)ing the Buddhist Brain
- In Tibetan paintings, how do colors correspond with states of meditation or different psychological states?
- INNER APPEARANCES
- Is Buddhist meditation better than any other form of meditation or is it simply a case of different forms of meditation suiting different people?
- Is fasting good for you?
- Is it true that the mind can only take you so far on the spiritual path and that at some point, in order to go further, you have to give up your mind?
- Is the mind body, or is the body mind
- Is the mind different from the soul? When you speak of solving the problems of the mind, do you mean that the mind is the problem and not the soul?
- Is the nature of each person's satisfaction different or is it the same for people in general?
- Is the role of a Buddhist nun very different from that of a monk?
- Lama Yeshe, how do you go about treating mental illness? How do you help people with mental illness?
- Lama, as I understand it, you said that the basic problem is that individuals lose touch with their own nature. How do we lose touch with our own nature? Why does it happen?
- Lama, could you please talk a little about karma
- Lama, do you solve people's problems by getting them to withdraw into meditation or cut themselves off from the outside world? Is this the way you treat people?
- Lama, like yourself, most of the Tibetan teachers we see are men. I was wondering if there are any female rinpoches or tulkus?
- Lama, what do you mean by dualistic mind, and what do you mean by "checking up"?
- Lama, what does nirvana mean?
- Lama, what is the relationship between the body and mind as far as food is concerned
- Lojong (Mind Training)
- Lokuttara Cittas
- Lokuttara cittas
- Luminosity practice of enlightened mind
- Luminous Mind
- Mahayana Pathway of Mind
- MAIN MINDS AND MENTAL FACTORS
- Make Your Mind an Ocean: Aspects of Buddhist Psychology
- Manas (early Buddhism)
- Mandalas of the Support and the Supported
- Mental fermentations
- Mind - citta, mano or viññāṇa
- Mind and Body in Early China: Beyond Orientalism and the Myth of Holism
- Mind and Matter(Nama-Rupa)
- Mind As Our Software
- Mind in Indian Buddhist Philosophy
- Mind includes three elements
- Mind Initiations
- Mind Like Fire Unbound: An Image in the Early Buddhist Discourses
- Mind monkey
- Mind objects
- Mind of great bliss
- Mindfulness, Psyche and Soma
- MINGLING WITH THE DEITY
- MOVING TOWARD KNOWLEDGE