The 9th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
will be held on 6-8 February, 2020 in Perth, Western Australia.
Some of the Buddhist Illustrations created by Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia are free for everyone to use.
We would also appreciate your feedback on
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia
Please send us your feedback by e-mail
Here you can read media articles about the Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia which have been published all over the world
|Articles by alphabetic order|
- 1 human eye: physical eyes, it is our flesh eye, an organ to see an object with limitation, for instance, in darkness, with obstruction.
- 2 divine eye: (perception of divine beings) it can see in darkness and in distance, attainable by men in dhyana (concentration/meditation).
- 3 wisdom eye: (perception of the two vehicles Sravakas and Pratyekabuddhas), the eye of Arhat and Two Vehicles i.e. the sound-hearers (Sravaka) and the Enlightened to Conditions (Praetyka-Buddha). It can see the false and empty nature of all phenomena.
- 4 Dharma eye, (perception of the bodhisattvas) the eye of Bodhisattva. It can see all the dharmas in the world and beyond the world.
- 5 Buddha eye: (perception of the Buddha), the eye of Buddha or omniscience. It can see all that four previous eyes can see.