The Pancha Shila, or five moral precepts:
1. Avoid killing, or harming any living thing.
2. Avoid stealing -- taking what is not yours to take.
3. Avoid sexual irresponsibility, which for monks and nuns means celibacy.
4. Avoid lying, or any hurtful speech'
5. Avoid alcohol and drugs which diminish clarity of consciousness.
To these, monks and nuns add...
6. One simple meal a day, before noon.
7. Avoid frivolous entertainments.
8. Avoid self-adornment.
9. Use a simple bed and seat.
10. Avoid the use of money.
(five vows of righteous conduct, which means refraining from killing; steeling; sensual pursuits, lies and intoxicants)
Full monastic life adds over two hundred more rules and regulations!