Five sūtras and one treatise
five sūtras and one treatise (五經一論).
The Pure land School follows
(1) the [[Sūtra of Amitāyus Buddha (T12n0360);
(2) the [[Sūtra of Amitābha Buddha (T12n0366);
(3) the Sūtra of Visualization of Amitāyus Buddha (T12n0365);
(4) “Great Might Arrived Bodhisattva’s Thinking-of-Buddhas as the Perfect Passage” (a subsection in fascicle 5 of the Śūraṅgama Sūtra [T19n0945]);
(5) “The Universally Worthy Action Vow” (fascicle 40 of the 40-fascicle version of the Mahāvaipulya Sūtra of Buddha Adornment [T10n0293]); and
(6) the Upadeśa on the Sūtra of Amitāyus Buddha (T26n1524).
English translations of these six texts are in Thinking of Amitābha Buddha (Rulu 2012b).