The 9th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
will be held on 6-8 February, 2020 in Perth, Western Australia.
Some of the Buddhist Illustrations created by Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia are free for everyone to use.
We would also appreciate your feedback on
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia
Please send us your feedback by e-mail
Here you can read media articles about the Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia which have been published all over the world
|Articles by alphabetic order|
Five sense faculties
- visual (or eye) faculty, which is like an umaka flower;
- auditory (or ear) faculty, which is like a twisted roll of birch bark;
- olfactory (or nose) faculty, which is likened to parallel copper needles;
- gustatory (or tongue) faculty, which is compared to a crescent moon disc;
- tactile (or) body faculty, which is similar to the skin of the ‘smooth-to-the-touch’ bird and pervades throughout the body.