The 9th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia Illustrations
|Articles by alphabetic order|
|Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day|
It is the Dhama realm which we are most familiar with. In this realm, we have both happiness and suffering. It is a material world, and the mind activities are always connected with the principles of matter. Joy and happiness are limited as freedom is also limited by the body and other sensual organs of a man. On the other hand, suffering can be the main cause or condition to allow man to possess a kind heart, thus to pursue the Buddhist Way. In this respect, Human Path is better than Deva Path.
- Avoid killing. One has to have compassion for all kinds of animals and birds. One should love them and protect them from being killed;
- Avoid stealing. One should not steal or take by force even something as small as a blade of grass or a flower, without the consent of the owner. Love thyself and be honest;
- Avoid illicit sex. Practice monogamy. All those who act against propriety and abandon themselves to carnal pleasures are considered to indulge in illicit sex,
- Avoid lying. If one distorts Truth or confuses justice with injustice, these also constitute lying;
- Avoid intoxicants. It is acceptable to use wine as a medicine. Otherwise, if one drinks and gets drunk, it becomes a major source of evil. Therefore, it is better to stay away from intoxicants in order to avoid causing evil.