The 8th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia Illustrations
|Articles by alphabetic order|
|Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day|
1. To provide or brighten with light.
2. To decorate or hang with lights.
3. To make understandable; clarify: "Cleverly made attacks can . . . serve to illuminate important differences between candidates" (New Republic).
4. To enlighten intellectually or spiritually; enable to understand.
5. To endow with fame or splendor; celebrate.
6. To adorn (a page of a book, for example) with ornamental designs, miniatures, or lettering in brilliant colors or precious metals.
7. To expose to or reveal by radiation.
1. To become lighted; glow.
2. To provide intellectual or spiritual enlightenment and understanding: "Once you decide to titillate instead of illuminate, you're on a slippery slope" (Bill Moyers).
3. To be exposed to or revealed by radiation.
One who has or professes to have an unusual degree of enlightenment.
serving to inform or clarify; instructive
a. The act of illuminating.
b. The state of being illuminated.
2. A source of light.
3. Decorative lighting.
4. Spiritual or intellectual enlightenment.
5. Clarification; elucidation.