Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Personal Deity Yoga
First empty the mind, visualize the Root Guru appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Guru Heart mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious. Visualize your parent, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
1. Recite the Purification Mantra
2. Recite the Invocation Mantra
We sincerely invoke:
( In the place of this note, each local chapter may invoke the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas and Dharma Protectiors enshrined at its altar accordingly. When practicing at home, one may invoke the deities present at one’s shrine.)
3. Great Homage Using Visualization
6. Armor Protection:
7. Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra:
9. Recite the Root Guru (Padmakumara) Heart Mantra
10. Mudra and Visualization
Vajra Samaya Mudra (Pearl Holding Mudra): Hold both hands at the navel chakra, back to back, with the right hand over the left hand. Maneuver the little finger of the left hand to reset between the thumb and index finger of the right hand. Maneuver the thumb of the left hand to rest between the little finger and ring finger of the right hand.
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- (1) Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is the yellow “Sanskrit seed syllable “ha”, emitting great white light.
- (2) The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva. Avalokitesvara’s body is a brilliant white and he wears a Five-Buddha Crown and a cassock. Sitting on a many petalled lotus, Ksitigarbha holds a bright precious pearl with both hands.
- (3) Visualize the precious pearl sending forth a brilliant white light that travels in an arc to enter one’s body through the crown chakra. As a result, one’s entire body is purified.
11.Recite the Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Heart mantra
Hold mala beads in front of the chest and move each bead with the thumb during chanting. Visualize the left hand transform into a vajra bell and the right hand into a vajra scepter. The mother bead or emblem transforms into the Many Jewels-Buddha’s Stupa and the four “ divider deads” transform into the Four Deva Kings. The tassel transforms into a “lotus hand” while the string threading through the breads transforms into a circle of inherent white light of Vajrasattva. During mantra chanting, when a bead is moved, visualize Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva appear inside the bead and become to the forefront.
12. Entering Samadhi
13.Emerging from Samadhi:
Di-zang ben-yuan shen-ru-hai
Di-yu bu-kong bu-cheng-fo
Li-yi ren-tian da-pu-sa
Zhong-sheng du-jin zheng pu-ti
14. Chant the Principal Heart Mantras:
Na-mo san-shi-liu-yi yi-shi-yi-wan jiu-qian-wu-bai tong-ming-tong-hao ah-mi-tuo-fo
Repaying the Fourfold Generosity from above
And may I develop the qualities of Buddhahood
And thus free all who suffer
I,______ (your name), dedicate the merits of this practice to the Root Guru, May the Root Guru always be healthy, remain in Samsara, never enter Nirvana, and forever turn the Dharma Wheel. May everyone be healthy, free of hindrances, strong in cultivation, and may all circumstances become auspicious.
May all supplications be completely fulfilled
May hindrances be removed. Wun!
17.Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra:
Om, be-dza, sah-do sa-ma-ya, ma-nu bah-la-ya, be-dza sah-do deh-nu-pahdeh- cha, zhe-jo mi-bah-wa, soo-do ka-yu mi-bah-wa, soo-poo ka-yu mi-bahwa, an-nu-la-do mi-bah-wa, sa-er-wa, sid-di, mi-bu-la-ya-cha, sa-er-wa, kaer- ma, soo-cha-mi, ji-ta-moo, see-li-yam, gu-ru hum, ha-ha-ha-ha-hoh, bahga- wan, sa-er-wa, da-ta-ga-ta, be-dza, ma-mee mun-cha, be-dzi-ba-wa, ma-ha sa-ma-ya, sah-do-ah, hum, pei. (3 times)
18.Great Homage Using Visualization: (Same as step 3)
19.Recite the Completion Mantra: Om, bu lin. (3 times)
Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice:
May all endeavors be auspicious.