For their life span see Compendium 140f).
- (I) Chathummaharajhika (Heaven of Four Great Kings) - One day is 50 Earth years.
- (II) ([[[Thaawatissa]] ( Heaven of Thirty-three) - One day is 100 Earth years.
- (III) Yama (Heaven of Yama) - One day is 200 Earth years.
- (IV) Tusita (Heaven of Tusita) - One day is 400 Earth years.
- (V) Nimmanarati (Heaven of Nimmanarati) - One day is 800 Earth years.
- (VI) Paranimmitavasavatti (Heaven of Paranimmitavasavatti) - One day is 1600 Earth years.
Also, six desire heavens or six heavens of desire. In ancient Indian cosmology as adopted by Buddhism, the six heavens located in the world of desire and situated between the earth and the Brahma Heaven.Beings in the six heavens are dominated by desire.The six heavens are, in ascending order, the Heaven of the Four Heavenly Kings, the Heaven of the Thirty-three Gods, the Yama Heaven, the Tushita Heaven, the Heaven of Enjoying the Conjured, and the Heaven of Freely Enjoying Things Conjured by Others.The Heaven of the Four Heavenly Kings is located halfway up Mount Sumeru, and the Heaven of the Thirty-three Gods, at its summit.The other four heavens are in the air, that is, between the summit of Mount Sumeru and the Brahma Heaven.Among them, the Heaven of Freely Enjoying Things Conjured by Others, often called the sixth heaven, is known as the abode of the devil king.See also threefold world.