The 8th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia Illustrations
|Articles by alphabetic order|
Nine Contemplations on Death
|Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day|
1. Death is inevitable
2. Our life span is decreasing continuously
3. Death will come, whether or not we are prepared for it
4. Human life expectancy is uncertain
5. There are many causes of death.
6. The human body is fragile and vulnerable
7. At the time of death, our material resources are not of use to us
8. Our loved ones cannot keep us from death.
9. Our own body cannot help us at the time of our death.
—Atisha Dipamkara, A Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment