Padmasambhava Personal Deity Yoga
First empty the mind, visualize the Root Guru appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Guru Heart mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious. Visualize your parent, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
1. Recite the Purification Mantra
2. Recite the Invocation Mantra
Om ah hum, so-ha. (3 times)
We sincerely invoke:
( In the place of this note, each local chapter may invoke the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas and Dharma Protectiors enshrined at its altar accordingly. When practicing at home, one may invoke the deities present at one’s shrine.)
3. Great Homage Using Visualization
6. Armor Protection:
7. Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra:
9. Recite the Root Guru (Padmakumara) Heart Mantra
10.Mudra and Visualization
Padmasambhava Vajra Mudra: Cross the hands, with the right hand in front of the left so that they are back to back. Hook the two little fingers onto each other. Extend the index fingers so they point to the sky at an angle. Press the thumbs upon the middle and ring fingers of each hand respectively so that they clench. Hold the mudra at chest level.
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- (1) Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is the yellow “Sanskrit seed syllable “heh”, emitting great pink light.
- (2) The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into Padmasambhava. Padmasambhava’s body is a pink and he wears a jewel crown. Sitting on a lotus moon disc, he holds a vajra scepter in his right hand, a trident vajra (three pronged staff) in the curve of his left elbow, and a nectar-and-jewels filled skull cup in his left hand. (3).Visualize the nectar transform into a brilliant white light that travels in an arc to enter and empower one. This nectar eradicates all transgressions, sicknesses, and demonic interferences, resulting in a state of great self-mastery.
11. Recite the Padmasambhava Heart mantra
Hold mala beads in front of the chest and move each bead with the thumb during chanting. Visualize the left hand transform into a vajra bell and the right hand into a vajra scepter. The mother bead or emblem transforms into the Many Jewels-Buddha’s Stupa and the four “ divider deads” transform into the Four Deva Kings. The tassel transforms into a “lotus hand” while the string threading through the breads transforms into a circle of inherent white light of Vajrasattva. During mantra chanting, when a bead is moved, visualize Padmasambhava appear inside the bead and become to the forefront.
13.Emerging from Samadhi:
You appear whenever called upon
Instill light into out herats
And eternally guard the mind of Budhicitta
Lian-shi zhong chi da-guang-ming
Sui-qing sui-zhi da-zu-shi
Guang-ming guan-zhu zhong-sheng xin
Pu-ti da-xin heng hu-chi
14. Chant the Principal Heart Mantras:
Na-mo san-shi-liu-yi yi-shi-yi-wan jiu-qian-wu-bai tong-ming-tong-hao ah-mi-tuo-fo
May my great resolve to cultivate
By becoming one with him
Repaying the Fourfold Generosity from above
And may I develop the qualities of Buddhahood
And thus free all who suffer
I,______ (your name), dedicate the merits of this practice to the Root Guru, May the Root Guru always be healthy, remain in Samsara, never enter Nirvana, and forever turn the Dharma Wheel. May everyone be healthy, free of hindrances, strong in cultivation, and may all circumstances become auspicious.
May all supplications be completely fulfilled
May hindrances be removed. Wun!
17.Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra:
Om, be-dza, sah-do sa-ma-ya, ma-nu bah-la-ya, be-dza sah-do deh-nu-pahdeh- cha, zhe-jo mi-bah-wa, soo-do ka-yu mi-bah-wa, soo-poo ka-yu mi-bahwa, an-nu-la-do mi-bah-wa, sa-er-wa, sid-di, mi-bu-la-ya-cha, sa-er-wa, kaer- ma, soo-cha-mi, ji-ta-moo, see-li-yam, gu-ru hum, ha-ha-ha-ha-hoh, bahga- wan, sa-er-wa, da-ta-ga-ta, be-dza, ma-mee mun-cha, be-dzi-ba-wa, ma-ha sa-ma-ya, sah-do-ah, hum, pei. (3 times)
18.Great Homage Using Visualization: (Same as step 3)
19.Recite the Completion Mantra: Om, bu lin. (3 times)
Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice:
May all endeavors be auspicious.