The 9th International Conference Buddhism & Australia
Chinese Buddhist Encyclopedia Illustrations
|Articles by alphabetic order|
Rab tu byung ba
|Please consider making little donation to help us expand the encyclopedia Donate Enjoy your readings here and have a wonderful day|
1) monastic person, ordained monk or nun, ordination;
2) become homeless, 1 who has left the world two enter a religious order/ monastic life/;
3) become excellent/ attain excellence [IW]
had been ordained as a nun [RY]
recluse, become a monk, those who have renounced worldly life, renunciation, renounced perfectly, clerical person, he that has taken orders, renunciation [JV]
renounced the world and took ordination [RY]
(lit. to attain excellence) to become ordained;
1) one who has left the world, an ordained monk or nun.
2) to enter a religious order / monastic life / the priesthood.
3) ordination, become excellent / attain excellence. Syn mchog tu gyur ba
4) attain excellence be ordained; to receive ordination, become a monk / renunciant, one who has left the world, an ordained monk or nun, to enter a religious order / monastic life / the priesthood, ordination, become excellent / attain excellence. Syn mchog tu gyur ba attain excellence be ordained [RY]