Twelve Tenma Sisters
They are called the "Twelve Mother and Sister Tenmas" because they take care of us like a mother or like older sisters.
They are accompanied by the divisions of hundred thousand female assistants.
There are several lists of the Twelve Tenmas.
- Töna Dorje Yamakyong
- Nöjin Gang la Kunzangmo,
- Drokchen Khordul Gekkyi Tso
- Jomo Gangrar Chenchikma
- Changna Khading Lumo Gyal
- Kharak Dorje Khyung Tsunma
- Machen Pomrar Drakmogyal
- Gongtsun Demo Bökham Kyong
- Dragtsan Dorje Menchikma
- Jomo Nakgyal Yarmo Sil
- Wuna Dorje Zulemen
As it says in the Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo, their specific task entrusted to them by Guru Rinpoche, the great master of Uddiyana, was for the specific purpose of guarding the borders of the four directions so that invasions or harm from non-dharmic influences would not enter Tibet and Kham.
- Great Sovereign - Dorje Kundrakma
- Glorious Hari - Dorje Yama Kyong
- Turqoise Mist of Snow Mountains - Dorje Kuntu Zang
- Tamer of the Hordes of the Vast Pastures - Dorje Gek kyi Tso
- Fleshless White Glacier - Dorje Yudrönma
- Kharak Khyung Tsün - Dorje Palgyi Yum
- Sky Soarer of the Great Treasures - Dorje Lumo
- Mari Rabjam - Dorje Drakmo Gyal
- Kongtsün Demo - Dorje Bö Kham Kyong
- Tsenla Rölpe - Dorje Menchikma
- Turquoise Bell - Dorje Zulema
- Mentsün Ugchö - Dorje Yarmo Sil
- Source: Tulku Tenpo, Word Commentary to Rigdzin Düpa Inner Sadhana
- * The notes on Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo, Entering the Path of Wisdom, by Jamyang Drakpa, as recorded by Jokhyab Rinpoche, from Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo, Vol. 2, published by Rangjung Yeshe Publications, ISBN 962-7341-33-9, page205. Original source mentioned in the notes is Ratna Linpa’s Tukdrub Yangdü.